lunedì 8 febbraio 2010

CET Student Correspondent News: La Pasticceria Segreta

Pasticceria segreta: Florence's Secret Bakery
By Ellen Barg-Walkow,
CET Student Correspondent

Ciao! Before I came to Italy, several girls who had studied abroad in Florence told me that while I'm here I have to find a secret bakery. There are several bakeries in Santa Croce that are only open between 1am and 6am--they are baking all of the pastries to provide to the shops in the morning. They're secret because the people there are not supposed to be giving the pastries away to the people who come at night ...

 After wandering around a few windy streets with the help of some vague directions from a girl who found it the night before, we approached a door that says "quiet, please" and walked inside. There were carts with rows upon rows of the most amazing looking baked goods I have ever seen in my life! I had a few treats, but my favorite was the fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate croissant which practically melted in my mouth! All of us gave the man a few euros to show how appreciative we were, which wasn't even required. I'm glad we found such a delicious hideaway!



Ellen Barg-Walkow
CET Florence Spring 2010

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento