mercoledì 8 settembre 2010

Student Correspondent News: Pizza-Making Lesson, or "No Carb Left Behind"

Christine, Jill and Sarah with their creations

I'll admit, when I first chose to go to Italy I believed my experience was going to be a combination of Eat, Pray,Love and Roman Holiday rolled into one. So sticking with the mantra of Eat, Pray, Love, I am engaging in a no carb left behind diet during my time in Italy! Luckily, I was able to continue this on Tuesday night as CET had planned for us a pizza-making class! Our entire program, plus our Italian roommates, were able to go make some delicious pizzas!



After an insanely long walk, typical of Florence, where they walk everywhere! We arrived at this cute little restaurant where we got to go back to the kitchen and make our own pizza. We rolled our own dough, added our own sauce and then picked from tons of delicious toppings (prosciutto and mushrooms anyone?) Sadly I was kinda a failure at pizza making, and the guy helping us had to do all the work of taking it in and out of the oven for me! It appears my future career as a pizza chef is over! Other people had a lot more success, such as my partner in pizza making Mary Lamar!

Mary Lamar and I rolling out our pizza dough

In the end though the pizza was absolutely delicious, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I ate the whole thing (and then stopped for gelato...) It was a great dinner with our entire group too and made me feel a little more Italian. Maybe someday I'll be able to replicate my pizza along with my other Italian recipes back home in the states! (minus the wood burning oven!) Next up will be understanding wine thanks to our wine-tasting class and vineyard trip!
Ciao!

Jennifer MacLean
CET Academic Programs
Fall 2010

Our group at the restaurant

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento